Monday, June 6, 2011

Winter Wedding: Tinsel meets Earthy



I'm back! Sorry for the lack of posting this past week and a half. I obtained a very last minute travel deal and spent a long Memorial Day weekend with girlfriends in Savannah. We came together from all over to celebrate the impending nuptials of a dear friend. The bachelorette is a long time friend who is getting married over the 4th of July weekend. She's extremely organized and has managed to plan what sounds like an amazing wedding in just a few short months. Hopefully, she'll allow me to share all of her wonderful details and images following her big day.. fingers crossed. The reception is taking place at an amazing old home in Charleston. Her color scheme and decor sounds preppy and fresh. Stay tuned!
Anyways, back to the bachelorette shenanigans. We packed 11 girls in to a 3 bedroom home with 2 showers and had a BLAST. We crooned at a piano bar, had the bachelorette complete a 'help the bride lose her pride' to-do list, ate our weight in yummy southern fare, nursed hangovers on the beach and overall just had a great time.
Unfortunately, I managed to pick up bronchitis on the trip and have been laying low this past week. Head colds really pack a punch. I'm finally sounding less like Fran Drescher, my ears are finally popping open and I can somewhat take a deep breath. Ahhhh, it's good to be back.

So, enough about me and on to the pretty stuff. This upcoming winter, I'm extremely excited to attend a wedding in Omaha and possibly on the night before New Year's Eve! (Ironically, this will be my second trip to Omaha and for the same reason - a Holiday wedding!) The happy lovebirds are two of the most amazing and dedicated people I know. After both graduating from the Naval Academy but never having dated, they went their separate ways - he to fly jets and she to fly helicopters. Thank goodness, their paths crossed just long enough during training to fall in love. It has been tough but they've stayed committed to each other and made it work over great distances. While planning is always difficult when a servicemember is involved, it's even more difficult when two are getting married! They're hoping the holidays will provide an opportunity for the majority of their fellow servicemembers to attend.
I've put together an inspiration board that combines the glitz of New Year's Eve with the down to earth personality of my girlfriend. There are some really cute details in this post. First, I am OBSESSED with the mini donut served over hot chocolate! What a perfect late night snack! Also, I love the idea of 'tossing' snow-like bio-degradable confetti. I can only imagine how pretty the pictures would turn out. Last, how awesome are the bridesmaid party dresses?! Daring for sure but NYE worthy!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment