Thursday, June 16, 2011

DIY: 4th of July Decor

This morning's post is not wedding related but when it comes to America or Halloween, I will take liberties with the blog! =) Hoping to see 4th of July related wedding decor? Just wait! I have the best inspiration board lined up for you!!

I'm a total sucker for all things 4th of July. I enjoy decorating for America's birthday almost as much as I enjoy decorating for Halloween. (Alright, it's not even close. I LOVE decking out my house for Halloween and scaring small children.) In all seriousness though, I look forward to celebrating Independence Day each year and everything it stands for. As a former US government employee and with a US Naval officer for a husband, I have a deep love for our country and feel blessed to be a citizen of this great nation. Between Memorial Day and Independence Day, our house remains decorated in the Red, White and Blue! (Actually, year round in our Americana room!)

If you'd like to spruce up your home and/or 4th of July festivities with a few easy, low cost decorations, head on over to Hostess with the Mostess to see their DIY tutorials! The swizzle sticks below would be perfect for an Independence Day wedding signature cocktail! The sparkly garland would also look great hanging as a curtain for an outdoor altar.


No comments:

Post a Comment