Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday's Flower: Billy Buttons (or Balls or Craspedia)

Sorry for the slow posting this week. Life and an ongoing employment search kept getting in the way. I knew I couldn't slack off today though because I absolutely love Billy Buttons (balls, whatever..) I had also mentioned them earlier this week and I'd hate to disappoint. =)

Billy buttons are native to Australia and New Zealand and are relative to daisies. Important to brides: they're available March through October. According to most wholesale sites, shipments of Craspedia are not always reliable. Most sites have disclaimers about growers not always having enough supply, etc. In other words, I'd stick to supplemental use of Billy Buttons and not use them as the sole flower in your bouquet or centerpieces. They're so quirky and fun though! I really love the pop of color they give bouquets and centerpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment