Friday, May 20, 2011

Vintage Tea Party Inspired Wedding

If you haven't noticed yet, I love all things vintage and old and am inspired by all things antiquated. Mismatched tea sets, tablecloths, old lace, serving dishes, vintage tea tins, etc. They all come together to create a unified look of shabby chic-ness. My mother and I spent a year collecting various glass pitchers in all shapes, colors and sizes for the centerpieces at my wedding. My mother also collected vintage lace tablecloths to use on our cake buffet tables. We had so much fun scouring thrift shops, antique stores and garage sales to find our treasures. After the wedding, we gave the centerpieces (pitchers) to guests or family that had helped with various aspects of the wedding planning.

For the below board, I was really inspired by the vintage tea tins that I see in antique stores all of the time. I think this wedding would be perfect for a budget conscious bride that is maybe looking for an afternoon wedding concept. (Or for a wedding shower or engagement party!) Collected teapots or tea tins could both serve as centerpieces. Filling the vintage tins with candles to hand out as favors is a unique, DIY idea. (Less obvious than handing out the "perfect blend" tea sachets.) The teacups filled with flowers and a flag with a guest's name is not only gorgeous but serves two functions: place cards, as well as to enhance the tablescape. Last, I love the idea of matching the design from your favorite tea set to the design on your cake to tie it all together!

Tea, anyone?










2 comments:

  1. Pleased to see these wedding tea party in a vintage style. My friend has organized her birthday at one of the best suited venue NYC in a couple of weeks. Fully excited to attend her traditional themed party. Have bought a branded watch to surprise her.

    ReplyDelete