Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bookish Bride


As a vintage book collector, mainly of the naval aviation or Americana variety, I LOVE weddings that incorporate old vintage books. The worn look, the dusty smell.. just makes you want to settle in and enjoy. Their presence seems to say, "yes, our love is the stuff of fairy tales and story books." For the budget conscious bride, I love the look of the non-floral centerpieces. I love the way some brides have utilized vintage books, sheet music, vintage postcards, sculptural objects and candlelight. (Save the flowers for the bridal party and buffet line!) I also love the idea of naming different dining tables for favorite authors with their books on display at the table. I'd steer clear of the heavier stuff. (Das Kapital has a time and place and it's not at your guests' table over dinner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment