Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Man (& Bride's) Best Friend

Is there anything better than the unconditional love from your four legged family member? I think not. Every morning, I sit down with a cup of coffee and catch up on news, emails, etc. My dobie, Ella, lounges nearby. As you can see by the shot below, she is a professional lounger.
She was rescued approximately one month after my husband and I got married. I can't imagine life without her now. Had we had her at the time of our wedding, there would have been no question that she would have been involved. Being quite the ham and uber social, she would have relished her involvement!


Alas, she was not but my parents' dog, Kane, was and he is seen in the middle shot below. He was such a calming influence on me and I loved having him with me while getting ready. Being an old curmudgeon, he was not invited to the ceremony or reception but he played his role, early on in the day, admirably. While everyone else was all aflutter with activity, he stayed by my side and gave me reassuring kisses whenever necessary.
While dogs may not be appropriate at every wedding (Fido may not be welcome in the ballroom at the Ritz), they certainly aren't out of place down on the farm or in a backyard wedding. So why not include them in your special day if you can? Obviously, they provide for some great candid shots.. and I'm sure you'll be happy to see them in your album, years after your wedding day. After all, they're part of the family too.

From Top Left: Groomsdog, Pooped, Ring bearer
Three pups, Kane and I, K9 friend

No comments:

Post a Comment